Wednesday, January 21, 2009

21. How I get what done? and a reenactment

Well, crap. I had a nice long post going about getting stuff done around here (inspired by Bethany), and I did something, and it disappeared. Damn frozen fingers. Short answer: not nearly often enough, mostly while the Infanta's asleep or while Daddy's home.



Here is a rough reenactment of the reason the Infanta doesn't get to sleep by herself in our bed anymore. I left her napping the other day; not nearly long enough later, we heard her waking over the monitor. I tried to ignore it, hoping she'd go back to sleep, and a couple of minutes later, heard her squealing. I dashed in to find her headfirst in the wastebasket, and laughed so hard as I pulled her out that Daddy came running, too. I wish I'd thought to get pictures at the time, but I couldn't just leave her there, you know? Anyway, if she falls asleep deeply enough to be moved, and I can't be with her in the big bed, she gets moved to the cosleeper now (and to the crib when we get it).

3 comments:

Karinda said...

by the second kid, you'll totally go get the camera first! LOL By the third, they're juggling knives.

caramama said...

That's too funny!

Unknown said...

i would have yelled for daddy to get the camera before i took her out-- that's the kind of picture you can use for humiliation and blackmail when she becomes a teenager :P
xoxoxoxox