Sunday, February 01, 2009

32. Colds suck.

I'm not complaining about temperature this time, but illness. *sigh* Long old day, starting with not sleeping well due to assorted illness, continuing on to Ikea first thing in the morning (but I got my crib and high chair!), and thence to a friend's house to hang out and play board games; we got home about half an hour before I'm posting this. Josh and I have nasty colds, and the Infanta not only has the cold, but also may be pushing her first teeth out (finally!!!). Wish us a restful night...

Anyway, working on planning this knitting day thing. I think Thursdays would work best for my schedule (although Wednesdays would be ok, too). Yes, Lennon, kids are welcome, but I don't have a huge amount of space, nor much in the way of toys for 5 year old boys. :) Just sayin'... Anyway, I started this over on Ravelry; the thread is here. If you aren't on Ravelry, and you're interested in this, you should be! It's a fabulous site, even if you aren't there very often (which category includes me, just btw). The social network part is great, it's getting me out of the house and seeing folks I have a good amount in common with on a pretty regular basis right now, and so is the stash database part, but what I really love is the part about being able to search patterns - you can find tons of different patterns for knitting and crocheting at least, and a goodly proportion are free, which is fantastic for those of us with minuscule budgets (which is all of us, I'm pretty sure).

No comments: