Wednesday, April 19, 2006

3 steps forward, one step back... /sigh. Finished the collar, attached it to the fronts, the whipstich technique is gorgeous. Got the back pleated, sewed it on the collar/fronts... hate the way it hangs, gonna take it off and put a yoke on tomorrow, so the catridge pleats will hang better. I get the feeling I'm not going to get the fur on before this weekend... especially since I haven't even started on the sleeves! and I have to wear it in... less than 48 hours! Gonna have to finish mostly by machine, I think. And, of course, sometime this afternoon I decided that I needed to make a new pair of sleeves... pulled out a piece of red brocade with white diagonal checks, it'll be lovely... but I'll make myself wait and work on those over the weekend I guess. Handwork ftw!

No comments: